Monday, July 9, 2007

INTRODUCING SPOOL KNITTER

SPOOL KNITTER



Aside from my other two blogs, I have chosen to start another blog about spool knitters and anything to do with these. I had posted about spool knitters previously but I thought that they needed their own space.
There is not a lot known about these wooden knitting spools and I hope to be able to uncover information about them whenever I can.



I have made a list of all the names that I have found for these knitters.

Here is the list in alphabetical order -

Bizzy Lizzy
Bobbin doll/dolly
Bobbin knitter
Corker
Corking doll
Corking spool
Doll knitter
Dolly bobbin
French knitter
Jeanette la tricoteuse
Knitting bobbin
Knitting doll/dolly
Knitting knobby
Knitting mushroom
Knitting Nancy
Knitting Nellie
Knitting spool
Kurken-breien
Peg knitter
Punniken
Punnikklosje
Spool knitter
Strick barbel
Strick hanni
Strickliesel
Strick puppe
Strick spiel
Strick susel
Strikkelise
Tricotin

Added November 8, '07 - the list of names has been placed in the side bar -
they will be added to as more names are found.

2 comments:

laptop parts article said...

[...]resource [...] acer

Helmi said...

So glad I found your blog. It is wonderful! OOOOH, more blogs.
grt, Helmi