Wednesday, August 1, 2007

LUX KNITTING BOOK 1938

This picture is from the vintage knitting book - Lux - dated 1938.
I believe the spool knitter she is holding is the same as the one from the Toykraft Knitting Spool set.

Shown here is a closeup of the knitter.
...and here is one of the spool knitters that I have from these sets. Do you agree it is the same?

August 4 - This photo has been added later to compare the two "soldiers" that I have. They are basically the same, only slight differences being the length of the bases, pants, bodies, heads, and hats, and the one on the right is a little chubbier!.
Made in USA 1936


4 comments:

catsmum said...

the bottom certainly looks the same but it looks to me as though the angles on the top are a wee bit different. Could just be the quality of the old photo.

crazyhaberdasher said...

I actually have two of these and there are slight differences between them as well - I will put up a picture of the two together. Oh, and the vintage picture is slightly at an angle plus it is hard to define the top edge being in a sepia tone.

Sandi said...

I have subscribed to Noreen's blog and have not been able to get the picture of what a spoolie is, but your post shows pictures of a little girl doing what I did as a little girl in Germany. Don't have any of my spoolies left, but have made yards and yards of round knit rope and then sewed them into doll rugns. Now, I get it.

crazyhaberdasher said...

Nice to hear from you Sandi, are you collecting spoolies now?